Terms and Conditions
In consideration of my application for entry into the 7 Bridges Walk (the Event) being accepted, I accept these terms and conditions of participation. The Event includes not only the event, but all other activities relating to the 7 Bridges Walk, whether occurring before, during or after, and whether organised by Pedestrian Council of Australia ('PCA'), the Cancer Council NSW ('Cancer Council') or any other person. I acknowledge that if I am under the age of 18 ('Youth Participant'), this registration is provisional until these Terms and Conditions are accepted by my parent or guardian on the registration website or a signed copy is received by PCA and Cancer Council. By signing below or accepting these terms and conditions on the registration website, the parent or guardian of the Youth Participant agrees to these terms and conditions on theirÂ own behalf and on behalf of the Youth Participant and all referencesÂ to 'I' and 'me' in these Terms and Conditions refer to both the Youth Participant and their parent or guardian.
All registration fees are non-refundable, and are not a donation to the Cancer Council. Please seek independent advice on your tax arrangements.
Risk Notice and Voluntary Assumption of Risk
The Event is an event that involves physical exertion and as such has certain inherent risks associated with it. Some of those risks are injury due to slippery or uneven surfaces, obstacles, trip hazards, overcrowding, collision with objects or people and the effects of heat, cold, dehydration and exhaustion. In rainy, windy or other inclement weather conditions, tents, marquees or other structures may collapse or become unsecured from the ground, potentially resulting in injury. Further risks may be associated with parts of the Event that may occur at night.Â
Injuries may include injuries from falls such as broken bones, sprained muscles, injuries to ligaments, cartilage or other soft tissue, as well as blisters, cuts and abrasions. Injuries may also arise from exertion, including heart attack, fainting and loss of consciousness. I understand that the risks of participation in the Event are increased if I choose to participate in costume, in novelty shoes, using props, or if my walking or running movement is restricted. I accept these increased risks if I choose to participate in the Event in this manner.
I acknowledge that the above is not an exhaustive list of all risks inherent in my participation in the Event.Â I further acknowledge that there may be risks that are not known or reasonably foreseeable at this time.Â
I understand that PCA and Cancer Council recommends that I consult a doctor before participating in the Event, particularly if I have ever experienced a heart condition, stroke, unexplained chest pains, faintness, dizziness, shortness of breath, severe asthma, diabetes, muscle, joint or bone problems or any other medical conditions that may make it dangerous for me to participate in the Event. Regardless of whether I have consulted a doctor, I agree that by participating in the Event, I am aware of the risks involved and I voluntarily assume those risks (including any arising from the negligence of PACA and/or Cancer Council).Â I warrant that I have no known medical conditions or disabilities that may be incompatible with my safe participation in the Event. I warrant that I am in proper physical and mental condition to participate in the Event.
I understand that neither PCA nor Cancer Council has obtained personal accident insurance or any other insurance covering my participation in the Event and it is my responsibility to obtain any and all insurance which is appropriate for that purpose. I acknowledge that during the Event both my person and my property shall be at my own risk.
Exclusion of liability and indemnity
I fully and irrevocably exclude and release PCA, Cancer Council and all Event sponsors, as well as their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents and representatives, from all liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense (whether in negligence, contract, under statute or otherwise) suffered by me as a consequence of my involvement in the Event, including in relation to death and personal injury.
I understand and agree that to the maximum extent permitted by law:
all conditions, warranties, guarantees, rights, remedies, liabilities or other terms implied or conferred by statute, custom, or the general law that impose any liability or obligation on PCA, Cancer Council or Event sponsors (or their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents and representatives) are excluded (including consumer guarantees to the extent such exclusions are permitted under the law);
neither PCA, Cancer Council nor any Event sponsor (nor any of their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents and representatives) will be liable to me or any other person in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss, damage, cost or expense of any kind (including direct, indirect or consequential losses, damages, costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by me or any other person in connection with the Event; and
Â in any circumstances where the above exclusions (or any of them) are held by a Court to be ineffective or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, PCA and/or Cancer Council's liability to meÂ and to any other person is limited (at its option) to resupplying, repairing or replacing the service or the payment of the cost of supplying the service to me again.
I further agree that if any claim, including in relation to personal injury, property damage or wrongful death arising from my participation in the Event is commenced, I will indemnify and hold harmless PCA, Cancer Council and all the Event sponsors, as well as their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents and representatives, from any and all loss, damage, cost or expense in connection with such claim.
Public venue and persons giving directions
The Event is a public event held on premises or property made available for community events. As such, the agreement to participate means that I also agree to be bound by the rules and regulations that may apply to the premises or property where the Event is to be held. I also agree to follow the directions of anyone authorised to give directions whilst I am on the said premises or property.
I will show respect for other participants in the event, and my conduct will at all times be considerate of others. I agree to abide by the venue rules concerning activities, coarse language, privacy, and noise. I acknowledge and agree that the Event is a non-smoking event.
I also agree that I will abide by the decision of the organisers of the Event about whether alcohol is permitted to be consumed at the venue. I also agree that if alcohol is permitted, that I will not cause, permit or allow any such alcohol to be supplied to any minor. I acknowledge that any dogs I bring to the Event must at all times be leashed and under the effective control of an adult and that dogs are not permitted on the free Event buses unless they are assistance dogs for people with disabilities.
I acknowledge that the Event is an event that may involve minors. I warrant that I am not a person recorded on the Australian National Child Offender Register.
I acknowledge that in the course of the Event, photographs, images or film may be taken of me, either alone or in group shots with others. I agree to the use of my image in these photographs, images or film and for their use on the websites or in PCA or Cancer Council publications in the future.Â I agree to the use of my name in conjunction with any photographs of me.Â I also agree that the photographs or film may be used by third party media organisations in connection with the reporting of the Event.
I understand that the primary purpose of collecting my information is to enable my participation in this Event. I also consent to the following secondary purposes:
Communication about donations, products, services, campaigns, causes and events
Communication about cancer risk factors, such as sun, tobacco and obesity and related campaigns, and
Communication about volunteering, community fundraising, advocacy and other activities where Cancer Council seeks the community's assistance.
I understand that if I do not provide some or all of the personal information requested, PCA and Cancer Council cannot register me for the Event.
I understand that PCA and Cancer Council may disclose my personal information to others in order to carry out its activities, and I consent to disclosures to:
Charitable and other like-minded organisations to contact me with information that may be of interest to me, including third party service providers who facilitate the sharing of information between such types of charitable or like-minded organisations (including data collectives).
Contractors and service providers who perform services on PCA's and Cancer Council's behalf, such as mailing houses, printers, information technology services providers (including offshore cloud computing service providers), database contractors and telemarketing agencies.
Cancer Council Australia and state and territory Cancer Councils that are members of Cancer Council Australia.
To any third party suppliers of our goods or services
To our third party service providers to assist us in providing and improving our services to you, and to analyse trends in sales and better understand your needs or to develop, improve and market our products and services to you
To include in a database compiled by us or our third party service providers for use in direct marketing of promotions, products and services that we, or our third party service providers, think may be of interest to you.
I understand that PCA and Cancer Council may use data hosting facilities or enter into contractual arrangements with third party service providers to assist it with providing our goods and services.Â As a result, personal information provided to PCA and Cancer Council may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Australia, including but not limited to New Zealand, Netherlands, Singapore, Hong Kong, Ireland, Canada, United States of America and the United Kingdom. I consent to the disclosure, transfer, storing or processing of my personal information outside of Australia in the circumstances described above, and I understand and acknowledge that countries outside Australia do not always have the same privacy protection obligations as Australia in relation to personal information.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
Ticketbooth Pty Ltd, ticketbooth.com.au (collectively "Ticketbooth") operate the ticketbooth booking system and web pages ("ticketbooth platform") for events created by EVENT ORGANISERS. Â Ticketbooth provides the Ticketbooth platform and associated software to EVENT ORGANISERS so that they may list event details, set ticket inventory, sell tickets, take registrations and manage other event functions using the Ticketbooth platform. Ticketbooth provides access to certain parts of the ticketbooth platform to the general public so that they may transact and interact with the EVENT ORGANISER.
The following Terms and Conditions of Use and Purchase Policy ("these Terms") have been created to ensure you are happy with your ticket purchase and that you fully understand the purchase process with the EVENT ORGANISER who uses Ticketbooth, the Ticketbooth platform, Ticketbooth powered partner websites and Ticketbooth retail store associates to promote the EVENT ORGANISER's events, sell tickets, make registrations and bookings.
Section 1 - General Terms
- You must be 18 years to use this service with a credit card.
- By using or visiting the Ticketbooth platform, you expressly agree to be bound by these terms and to follow these terms and all applicable laws and regulations governing the Ticketbooth platform.
- Ticketbooth Pty Ltd and ticketbooth.com.au (collectively "Ticketbooth") reserve the right to change these terms at any time, effective immediately upon posting on the Ticketbooth platform. To ensure you are aware of the latest Purchase Policy and Terms and Conditions of Use, please check this page of the ticketbooth platform periodically which is available from every event page on the Ticketbooth platform. The latest date of issue will be posted at the top of this page.
Section 2 - Permitted Use Of The Ticketbooth Platform
- You agree that you are only authorised to visit, view and to retain a copy of pages of ticketbooth platform for your own personal use, and that you shall not duplicate, download, publish, modify or otherwise distribute the material on this site for any purpose other than to review an event and its promotional information, for personal use, or to purchase tickets for your personal use, unless otherwise specifically authorised by Ticketbooth to do so.
- The content and software on this site is the property of Ticketbooth and is protected by Australian and international copyright laws. We post a legal notice and various credits on the ticketbooth platform, which may not be amended or removed. You must not remove this notice or these credits, or any additional information contained along with the notices and credits.
Section 3 - Links And Search Results On The Ticketbooth Platform
- The Ticketbooth platform may include links posted by the EVENT ORGANISER or automatically produce search results that reference or link to third party sites throughout the World Wide Web. To the extent permitted by law, where Ticketbooth has no control over these web sites or the content contained within them, Ticketbooth cannot guarantee, represent or warrant that the content contained in third party websites is accurate, legal and/or inoffensive.
- Ticketbooth does not endorse the content of any third party site, nor do we warrant that they will not contain viruses or otherwise impact your computer in a harmful or damaging way. By using the ticketbooth platform to search for or link to another site, you agree and understand that you may not make any claim against Ticketbooth for any damages or losses, whatsoever, resulting from your use of the ticketbooth platform to obtain search results or to link to another site. If you have a problem with a link from the ticketbooth platform, please notify us [email protected] we will investigate the problem you describe in your email and take actions that we deem are appropriate in our sole discretion.
Section 4 - Unauthorised Use Of The Ticketbooth Platform
Illegal and/or unauthorised uses of the Ticketbooth platform, whether for unauthorised ticket sales, unauthorised framing of or linking to the ticketbooth platform will be investigated and appropriate legal action will be taken.
Section 5 - Violation Of These Terms And Conditions
- If you violate these terms including if you post or provide User Content which violates these terms or has violated the rights of ticketbooth, any other User or the law, Ticketbooth may terminate your use of the ticketbooth platform, prevent you from making all future bookings using the ticketbooth platform, and/or take legal action against you. Where this occurs, Ticketbooth will provide you with reasonable prior written notice that this will be implemented, together with reasons for that action being taken. If you wish to dispute that decision of Ticketbooth, you have 5 days within Ticketbooth providing its notice to you to do so and Ticketbooth will act reasonably in considering your response.
- If you materially violate these terms (which includes any breach of clause 6), in addition to paragraph 5(a), Ticketbooth may cancel your ticket orders in which case Ticketbooth will provide you with written notice of that cancellation together with reasons for that cancellation and will provide you with a refund of the ticket price paid by you.
- You agree that monetary damages may not provide a sufficient remedy to Ticketbooth for violations of these terms and conditions and you consent to injunctive or other equitable relief for such violations.
- Ticketbooth is not required to provide any refund to you if you are terminated as a user because you have violated these Terms, except as expressly set out in these terms.
Section 6 - Ticketbooth Copyright Policy
You may only submit content to the ticketbooth platform ("User Content") where you have the rights to do so. In particular, you:
- may not use the ticketbooth platform to unlawfully transmit copyrighted material (including articles, images, stories and software) without a license, express consent, valid defence or fair use exemption to do so; an
- must ensure that the content you upload does not infringe the copyrights or other rights of third parties (such as privacy or publicity rights).
Section 7 - Disclaimers
- Ticketbooth does not promise that the ticketbooth platform will be error-free, uninterrupted, nor that it will provide specific results from use of the ticketbooth platform or any content, search or link on it.
- The ticketbooth platform and its content are delivered on an "as-is" and "as-available" basis.
- Ticketbooth can not ensure that files you download from the ticketbooth platform will be free of viruses or contamination or destructive features although Ticketbooth will take steps consistent with industry practice to protect against this occurring.
- Ticketbooth does not by these Terms exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) or equivalent state or territory legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, Ticketbooth excludes all rights, remedies, conditions and warranties in respect of goods or services from your use of this site and the ticketbooth platform whether based in statute, common law or otherwise to the extent permitted by law. To the fullest extent possible, the following paragraphs of this clause 7 will apply.
- Ticketbooth will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the ticketbooth platform, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, and punitive and consequential damages.
- Ticketbooth makes no guarantee of any specific result from use of the ticketbooth platform or use of the Ticketbooth service.
- Ticketbooth disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third party users, Ticketbooth users, advertisers and/or sponsors on the ticketbooth platform, in connection with the Ticketbooth service or otherwise related to your use of the ticketbooth platform and/or the Ticketbooth service. Ticketbooth is not responsible for the products, services, actions or failure to act of any venue, performer, promoter or other third party in connection with or referenced on the ticketbooth platform.
- Without limiting the other provisions of this clause 7, you may report the misconduct of users and/or third party advertisers, service and/or product providers referenced on or included in the ticketbooth platform to Ticketbooth [email protected] Ticketbooth may investigate the claim and take appropriate action, in its sole discretion.
Section 8 - Payment Methods
Ticketbooth processes your credit card depending upon the methods accepted by the EVENT ORGANISER which may include: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Paypal checkout.
Section 9 - Limits On Tickets Purchases Per Customer
When purchasing tickets on ticketbooth, you are limited to a maximum of 10 tickets for each event unless the EVENT ORGANISER has authorised such purchases in its terms and conditions. If you try to circumvent the ticketbooth platforms to purchase more than 10 tickets the EVENT ORGANISER may at its discretion cancel additional bookings. This limitation has been designed to prevent unfair buying practices at popular events and make sure everyone gets a fair chance of attending the event. The reselling of tickets is strictly prohibited by non-authorised re-sellers, tickets found to be re-sold maybe voided and canceled at Ticketbooth's discretion.
Section 10 - Pricing And Ticket Availability
- Ticketbooth sells tickets on behalf of the EVENT ORGANISERS which means Ticketbooth does not determine the ticket prices, booking fees, postage and handling fees (if posted tickets are an option) or the seating selections.
- Ticket inventory is the responsibility of the EVENT ORGANISER. Given inventory set by the EVENT ORGANISER, popular events may sell out quickly. Occasionally, additional tickets may be available in addition to inventory using ticketbooth set by the EVENT ORGANISER, however the EVENT ORGANISER controls this inventory and its availability at their own discretion.
Section 11 - Credit Card Purchases - Proof Of Identity
- In most cases where you purchase your tickets using a credit card, in order to collect your tickets, you will be required to present the credit card used to purchase tickets and a picture identification, which must match each other and must match the name under which the booking was made.
- You can only buy tickets with your parent's or another person's credit card if:
- You have both permission to use the credit card and can bring it to the event if required or;
- You have permission to use the card and the card holder has completed the ticketbooth credit card authorisation form - you will need to bring the form completed by the card holder to the event -Â click here to find the Credit Card Authorisation formÂ AND IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY WITH EITHER OF THE ABOVE, YOU WILL NOT BE LET INTO THE EVENT, even with a valid ticket.
- All purchases are charged to your credit card at the time of purchase, not at the time of entry to the event.
Section 12 - Licensed Venues - Proof Of Identity
In Australia, Ticketbooth sometimes sells tickets for events at licensed venues, and these venues require a valid driver's license, passport or proof of age to prove you are over 18 years of age. You may need to present this proof at the event venue to obtain admission. The venue or door staff reserve the right to refuse any patron entry at their discretion if invalid ID is provided.
Section 13 - Delivery Of Tickets
Through the ticketbooth platform the EVENT ORGANISER may elect to offer one or more of the following delivery options for your ticket order. The proof of identity requirements set out in clauses 12 and 13 will apply regardless of the delivery of ticket method used.
- By "email / e-ticket" option:
The ticketbooth platform provides an opportunity for you to provide your email address and will attempt to deliver your e-ticket by email to that email address. If you do not receive your e-ticket then please contact Ticketbooth by emailÂ [email protected]Â at least 48 hours before the scheduled event.
- By "at the door" option:
Tickets delivered through "at the door" delivery option are typically available one hour prior to the event start time at the location set by the EVENT ORGANISER.
- By "Post" or "Registered Post" option:
Please ensure you supply the correct billing and credit card account information for ticket orders as incorrect details will delay processing and delivery. Ticketbooth and EVENT ORGANISER do not post to PO Boxes.
- Delivery of tickets are the responsibility of the EVENT ORGANISER, unless Ticketbooth has undertaken to provide this service to the EVENT ORGANISER. If you have selected delivery through the mail, please allow at least 10 working days after your order is made to receive your tickets from the EVENT ORGANISER unless the EVENT ORGANISER has provided express delivery options. If you have not received your tickets within 48 hours of the event, please contact the EVENT ORGANISER via the phone number or email address supplied on the EVENT ORGANISER ticketbooth event page or contact Ticketbooth atÂ [email protected].
- All purchases are charged to your credit card at the time of purchase, not at the time of entry to the event.
Section 14 - Cancelled Events
- Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the EVENT ORGANISER due to weather conditions or situations affecting the staff or audience. When this occurs, the EVENT ORGANISER will make every effort to ensure you receive a prompt refund and/or exchange if applicable.
- If an event is cancelled or postponed, refunds will be determined by the EVENT ORGANISER. To find out about the refund availability and process:
If the event was moved or rescheduled, the EVENT ORGANISER may set refund limitations. Contact the EVENT ORGANISER for exact instructions.
If a refund has been confirmed by Ticketbooth then the following refund method applies:
- you will be notified by email if you have opted in to receive email updates; or
- you can review notices posted on the EVENT ORGANISER's website or contact the EVENT ORGANISER via the email address supplied on the EVENT ORGANISER's ticketbooth listing.
- If you booked online or by phone using a credit card, Ticketbooth will automatically refund to the credit card used for purchase within 14 days of notifying you that a refund for this event applies.
- If you booked in an authorised Ticketbooth retail outlet, please return to the same outlet you purchased from and take along with you your ticketbooth receipt to obtain a full refund within 90 days of the event cancellation. You will be asked to sign for your refund. If you are genuinely unable to return to the store for a refund, please contact[email protected]Â providing details of the event and point of purchase and any other information as reasonably required to allow Ticketbooth to arrange a refund. Note that any refunds conducted through this method will take significantly longer than refunds conducted through the retail outlet.
- If you purchased the ticket(s) independently of the ticketbooth platform, you will need to return the tickets directly to the place where you purchased the tickets.
Section 15 - Exchanges And Refunds
Before purchasing tickets, carefully review your event and ticket selection. Policies set forth by EVENT ORGANISER will dictate the issuing of exchanges or refunds after a ticket has been purchased or for lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed tickets.
Ticket purchases once made through Ticketbooth are final unless approved by the EVENT ORGANISER prior to the event date. Â Exchanges and partial refunds must be set forth to the EVENT ORGANISER for review and approval at their discretion prior to actioning by Ticketbooth.Â
Section 16 - Other Items
EVENT ORGANISERS may reserve the right of:
- Admission to events, latecomers may not be admitted until a suitable break.
- To change/withdraw advertised artists, programs or seating without notice.
EVENT ORGANISERS may also append the ticketbooth terms and conditions and these additional terms are displayed and agreed to by the purchaser during the booking process.
Changes to our Terms and Conditions
May 15th, 2012
- "Colloquial" Summaries
Ticketbooth PTY LTD.